36 Quotes For People Leaving Abusive Relationships
Leaving abusive relationships is extremely difficult. You see, victims of prolonged domestic abuse are Bounded by their abusers with trauma. Trauma bonds are strong and difficult to break. However, this does not mean that we cannot break them.
Will it hurt? Absolutely!, but it will be beneficial to you.
Statistically, a victim of abusive relationships leaves 7 times before they finally leave for good. So every day is a struggle, torn between staying and leaving.
It has been said that leaving is the easy part of getting out of an abusive relationship. What comes after are moments of sadness good thing is these moments are manageable.
Speak about it, share your story, write a book about it, and most importantly, seek therapy to speed up your healing process. First, however, heal at your own pace.
Nobody knows the strength it takes to get out of an abusive relationship while still madly in love with that person. So, if you have finally left or you are thinking about leaving, here are some quotes that will remind you how strong you are, and you got this.
Leaving An Abusive Relationship Quotes
1. I am done looking for love where it doesn’t exist. I am done coughing up specks of dust in attempts to drink from dry wells
2. If you walked away from a toxic, negative, abusive, one-sided. Dead end, low vibrational relationships, or friendships you won.
3. I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn’t sorry and accept an apology I did not receive.
4. I am slowly learning to accept that some people are not good for me, no matter how much I love them.
5. Stop trying to change someone who doesn’t want to change. Stop giving chances to someone who abuses your forgiveness. Stop walking back to the place where your heart ran from. Stop trusting their words and ignoring their actions. Stop breaking your own hearts.
6. I do not need to deny my feelings or disguise my thoughts and beliefs. I will no longer tolerate people who put me down, manipulate me or humiliate me. Instead, I am surrounding myself with people who are consistently loving and respectful.
7. Just because that the scars have healed doesn’t mean that the pain has.
8. Being a survivor of emotional abuse is fighting daily battles in your head with a person you no longer have contact with
9. The shame of having been in the relationship or having fallen victim to an abusive relationship actually kept me in it longer than I should have been.
10. I do not think people realize how much strength it takes to pull your own self out of a poisonous situation with someone you love deeply. So if you have done that today or any day, I am proud of you.
11. Overcoming abuse does not just happen. It takes positive steps every day. Let today be the day you start to move forward.
12. It is better to break your own heart by leaving than having that person break the heart every day you are with them.
Powerful Quotes About Leaving an Abusive Relatonship.
13. As you recover, you will discover that many of the so-called truths you were raised with and forced to believe are not truths at all.
14. Overcoming abuse doesn’t just happen. It takes positive steps every day. Let today be the day you start to move forward.
15. The end of my marriage was not a failure. Leaving my abusive husband was the greatest victory of my life.
16. Once you have made your escape, your abuser will try to win you back. Not because he loves you. To him, you are just a piece of property he must recover. A runaway slave to be recaptured. This is how your abuser sees you, don’t ever believe otherwise.
17. She said goodbye with tears in her eyes, not because she did not love him, but she knew love was not supposed to love that much.
18. You deserve someone who knows how to make things up to you after hurting you. Not someone very good with just the word sorry.
19. Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy is staying in an unhappy marriage teaching your children the wrong thing about love. Nobody.
20. My silence means I am tired of fighting, and now there is nothing left to fight for. My silence means I am tired of explaining my feelings to you, but now I do not have the energy to explain them anymore. My silence means I have adapted to the changes in my life, and I do not want to complain. My silence means I am on a self-healing process, and I am trying to forget everything I ever wanted from you. Finally, my silence means I am just trying to move on gracefully with all my dignity.
21. Thanks to those who hurt me, You made me stronger. Thanks to those who loved me, You made my heart bigger. Thanks to those who cared. You made me feel important. Thanks to those who showed concerned. You made me feel that you care. Thanks to those who left, you showed me that not everything is forever. Finally thanks, thanks to those who entered my life. You helped me become the person I am today.
22. The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other people already.
23. I am starting to remember who I was before you convinced me that I was worthless.
24. I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.
25. The only people who get upset about setting boundaries are the ones who are benefitting from you having none.
26. At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart and not in your life.
27. I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self-respect.
28. I am learning to love the sound of my feet when walking away from things not meant for me.
29. Relationships are like grass. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than hurt yourself trying to put them back together.
30. I no longer need to maintain an abusive relationship. As I continue to grow and heal. I attract those people who love me for who I am. I do not need to hide. I do not need to deny my feelings or disguise my thoughts and beliefs. I will no longer tolerate people who put me down, manipulate me or humiliate me. Instead, I am surrounding myself with people who are consistently loving and respectful.
31. I was heartbroken, scared. I had a lot of anxiety, I felt weak, and I had no idea how I was ever going to come up with the strength. But I just closed my eyes and took a blind leap. I knew I had to get out of there.
32. I was so much more than you told me I was.
33.Never forget leaving an unhealthy situation is something brave.
34. You are allowed to terminate a toxic relationship. You are allowed to be angry and selfish, and unforgiving. You don’t owe an explanation for taking care of yourself.
35. Sometimes, you have to let go. Just hold on to your sanity. Unfortunately, some people have mastered making you believe you are the crazy one.
36. From every wound, there is a scar, and every scar tells a story that says, ‘I have survived!’ Turn our wounds into wisdom.