What To Compliment A Man – 80 Compliments He Will Love
Do you have a man in your life that you’re attempting to impress? Do you sometimes wonder what to compliment a man to make him happier?
We all know at least one man. Maybe he’s someone you like, a boyfriend or your husband. Consider this: What kind words have you recently said to him?
Words are a blessing. With words, we may express our respect and gratitude for those around us. It’s never too late to tell the important man of your life how you feel!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Compliments are free, so take advantage of the opportunity to thank and congratulate him in this article of What to compliment a man.
Read more: 9 ways to escape the friend zone with a guy
What to compliment a man
Why you should compliment a guy
As a human being, who doesn’t love compliments? Even for males, praise is essential in every love connection. Even if your spouse exudes confidence, coolness, and independence, surely he wants to hear about it when he does something correctly.
Giving credit where credit is due, whether in the bedroom, in the garden, or in social situations, can bring you closer to your man. It will also make him feel more safe in the relationship. It’s always wonderful when something like this happens.
What makes a good compliment
I’d like to suggest some ways to appreciate him honestly before sharing my list of compliments. You know him better than I do, but consider the following:
- Find out what he values most. Your praises will miss the point and push him away if you don’t know (or care) about his priorities.
- Be specific. Saying “I love that color on you” or “You look gorgeous in that shirt” are more significant than “you look great”.
- Keep it real. Hollow praises will get you nowhere. Persist in his convictions. If you complement his eyes, be sure to match the hue.
- Deliver with sincerity and without bias. Don’t flatter him to acquire anything or to soften him up for a big ask.
- Focus on his achievements. If he’s been working on improving himself (gym, volunteering, taking chances, etc.), congratulate him.
- Let him know how you feel. Using the specificity suggestion, tell him when his words and deeds make you feel protected, respected, wonderful, etc.
- Don’t overlook positive features he’s unaware of. Mention something you admire about him that he may not notice.
- Pick your moment wisely. Don’t stop him in the middle of something important to commend his golf game.
- Don’t ask for a compliment. Don’t congratulate him expecting a compliment or a response back.
How should you act on your first date?
10 great topics for your first date with a guy
What to compliment a man: 80 compliments he can’t resist
Compliments about his looks
You may start with the appearance as that’s something quite visible. Don’t be afraid to use your imagination and seek out more compliments.
1. Wow, you are so handsome.
2. I love the way that shirt brings out your eyes.
3. I’m blown away by how well you’re taking care of yourself. How do you maintain such a healthy work-life balance?
4. I love your beard/mustache. It makes you look so manly.
5. I don’t need the pillows anymore because your broad chest will do.
6. Just looking at you make me smile all day.
7. You have such impeccable style.
8. I could play with your fingers for hours.
9. That’s a cool tattoo. How did you come up with the design?
10. Now I see how other women are drawn to you.
11. Whatever your hair is doing, it always looks so hot.
12. Your lips seem so soft and kissable.
13. You smell fantastic. What deodorant are you wearing today?
14. I’m jealous of your eyelashes, so long and thick.
15. Are you sure you’ve never modeled before?
16. Your good looks are always a pleasure to see.
Don’t miss: How to flirt and drive a man crazy
Compliments about his personality and inner self
Sometimes it’s important to compliment a guy on his inner self and personality too. Use the following wisely.
1. I love that you are just so comfortable with who you are.
2. You’re so funny. I really appreciate your great sense of humor.
3. It was wonderful having you around. The warmth of your personality robbed on me.
4. You’re so down-to-Earth and still can dream your way up to the highest cloud.
5. I appreciate how you always take time for me, even though you are so busy.
6. You’re the most generous, the kindest person I know.
7. A responsible guy like you is really hard to find.
8. You have such a positive attitude and that’s so attractive.
9. I love your persistence. Giving up is not in your vocabulary.
10. You are a great listener. Thank you for being so patient with me.
11. Because I have you as a safety net, I feel as though I can do so much more in my life.
12. You are so open-minded about things and that’s amazing.
13. How do you always know exactly what to say?
14. I love how much energy you put into lifting people up.
15. You are such a great dad.
16. I really appreciate how kind you are. It can be hard to find a man who is kind.
17. You’re such a social butterfly. You make friends wherever you go!
13 unconscious signs he likes you
18 things you should avoid on your first date with a man
Compliments about his work and intelligence
You don’t know what to compliment a man? Men love to be noticed and appreciated for their effort and intelligence. Here are some suggestions.
1. You are so smart. I’m in love with your brain.
2. Wow, you really know everything about…. (a subject/hobby)
3. I loved how you took the lead on this.
4. Thank you so much for cooking for me, love. This is delicious!
5. You have such a significant career. I hope that one day I will be able to find a career path as rewarding as yours.
6. You’re not scared to attempt new things and take chances. I admire your bravery and adventurous spirit.
7. You have such an ingenious mind for business.
8. How do you manage to read so much all of the time? That’s why you are so intelligent obviously. You’ve put a lot of effort to get it.
Discover a relationship “secret ingredient” that a man craves in order to feel intense, committed love. Without it, he will always keep one foot out the door. Download your FREE EBOOK to learn more now.
9. There’s something about you that makes me want to be a better person.
10. You’re talented, hard working, and everyone knows it.
11. I really appreciate everything that you do.
12. How you handled that situation was really admirable.
13. You can fix anything, can’t you?
14. I love watching you work.
15. I’ve never encountered anyone who is as knowledgable and as observant on this subject as you are.
Don’t miss: Should you kiss him on the first date?
Romantic compliments for him
If you’re flirting or dating him and wondering what to compliment a man? Read on for some sweet romantic compliments he’ll love.
1. You just have to smile for me to melt.
2. You’re not only keeping my bed warm but also my heart.
3. I love the way your finger moves on me.
4. You make me weak in the knees.
5. I have a hard time not staring at you right now.
6. There’s something about you that really turns me on.
7. I have never met a man like you in my life.
8. A simple touch of your hand and my skin is on fire.
9. Your kisses are sweeter than honey.
10. You are my knight in shining armor.
11. Even after all this time, you still give my stomach butterflies.
12. I love it when we are out somewhere and you will just reach out for my hand.
13. I can’t help but blush around you.
14. Wherever I’m with you, I’m home.
15. I love being wrapped up in your sexy arms.
16. Even when I’m not feeling my best, you make me feel beautiful.
18 signs to know he’s Mr. Right
15 reasons why guys don’t like you
Cute and funny compliments for him
Want to make him smile and remember you? Try some funny and cute compliments.
1. When I see you calling me, I smile like an idiot.
2. You are the peanut butter to my jelly.
3. You always know how to be such a gentleman.
4. Let’s run away and begin a new life together where it’s just you and me.
5. You smell so good. I want to make a candle out of you.
6. If this was Neverland, all I’d have to do to fly is think of you.
7. You’re almost as wonderful as pizza, you know. Almost.
8. You’re so cute, I want to throw a rainbow.
9. Penguins and polar bears should be afraid of your cuteness.
10. You’re like the sweatpants of my life. I feel so comfortable around you.
11. You and I have so much chemistry, we should have been lab partners.
12. You may not be really, really ridiculously good-looking but you’re pretty damn close.
13. I love that you and I can just be weird together.
14. I would give up everything for a chance to talk to you about nothing.
15. You could never be ice cream because you’re so hot. And a person.
16. You’re like Math, a little difficult at times, but worth getting to know.
You may also like:
How to ask a guy out without being creepy
Now that you’ve figured out what to compliment a man and praise him correctly, what’s next? Surely you want to show him your appreciation and admiration, right?
You see, naturally men are problem solvers. If he likes you, he’ll definitely want to be your hero. According to relationship expert James Bauer, this revolves around a man’s three natural drivers. However, many women are unaware of this.
With the hero instinct, you can encourage him to keep stepping up and showing you how much he likes you. But, what is the “hero instinct”? Do guys really need to feel like superheroes to be happy? No.
When triggered, the hero instinct indicates that these drivers are encoded into men’s DNA. They start to notice how amazing they feel with you, which increases their attraction. What’s more, it’s free of charge. Simply change your behavior, awaken his inner hero, and watch “like” develop into “love”.
Watch James Bauer’s great free video here to learn more about this hero instinct. You will know how to connect with your man to activate this very normal male desire.
So, if you want to know how much your guy likes (or loves) you, follow Bauer’s groundbreaking advice.
Click here to watch this amazing free video.
If you are still in doubt, here is a review for your considerations before you buy my words. Have a look!
So these are only a handful of the many nice phrases you can use to compliment a guy you adore. While the content of the compliment is crucial, the approach, tone, and context are as important to consider. Compliments should be expressed correctly to make your man feel touched and appreciated.
I hope you enjoyed this article and know what to compliment a man now. Feel free to spread these phrases around so our world can be filled with more love and appreciation.
Further reading: Do men like compliments as women?